Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Saturday 4 May 2013

Trying out Mayco washes...

I really like the idea of using these washes for different things, ie. under/over other glazes, staining, etc.  so I really wanted to give them a try.  I loved the look of the artist (can't remember her name) who does Sgraffito with slips for wall art.  They are absolutely stunning.  So I thought why not try this with Mayco's Iron Wash.   Good way of experimenting.  Not sure what will happen, may be good, may be not so good.  Hard to say.   So here are a couple of shots when it was leather hard.








Here is a pic of it after the bisque firing. (Not that anyone else would know, but it's upside down!) 




As you can see from the next pics, I have some glazing to do! Then I will be firing up that kiln again. So I'll be updating the results of this experiment as well as a few other tests with washes soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment