Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Friday 17 October 2014

Has it been that long?!

I can't believe how time is flying by! It doesn't seem that long ago that I posted my last blog... But it has been a very long time.  Summer just came and went, and soon, old man winter will be upon us. Crazy!
I did manage to complete a load before the summer.  But once that warm weather comes, that's it for me! I'm all about being out at the lake, and soaking up as much heat as possible..... Because in these neck of the woods... The warm season doesn't last very long. :(
So, aside from the busy aspects of life, I have been enjoying some playing in the mud! I had another successful show in September.  This was my third year participating in the juried show.  It was once again an awesome experience.  People are actually starting to come to see me.... That in itself, is more rewarding than the sales at the end of the day. A great feeling as an artist. 
I'm in one other big show in November, which is always great for those Christmas shoppers.  I still continue to have pieces at the Art Gallery Gift Shop. This also has been a great experience. 
All this aside, I just unloaded a bisque.  I have another load of greenware almost ready. I'll post a couple of pics to show some of my recent work.  

Three vases I was happy with.  Left one was my favourite. :)



I've been having fun with Mayco washes.  Works great on burlap impressions!  Also tried a couple of new combinations.  New Satin Black glaze, which I really like.




This is it for now.  Will give another update once I finish a glaze load.  Until then... happy potting!

No comments:

Post a Comment