Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Loving the Slab Roller!

Well, here is my first attempt at making a large flat patter with my new slab roller. I rolled a slab, then rolled my wood grain roller on the diaginal.  I used a dollar store platter as a mold.  As I make things I'm already deciding on how I will glaze it.  Sometimes my mind changes, but for the most part I stick to what I'm invisioning. Of course with pottery, things don't always come out as planned!   I will keep you updated on the outcome of this tray. I'm praying that it doesn't warp! Here it is leather hard, it will be bisque fired this week. Crossing my fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment