Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Show 2013


It has finally arrived... the big day I wait for all year.  It's the one and only big art show I participate in.  It's not because I wouldn't want to be in more.... I just don't have the inventory to be in more.  Since I do work, and this really only a hobby for me, I find being in one show is enough for me to produce sales, and to show case my work.  Would I like to be in more... of course!  But realistically, it would turn something I really enjoy and look forward to, into something stressful.  I really don't want to be doing that.  This is something I see myself doing for a very long time... I hope!  
Here are some photos of my work on display at the show.  This ladder shelf is something my Dad, thanks Dad! whipped up for me, since I was finding just setting up on tables was getting to be a little boring.  Found the pattern online and he managed to make it in two days.  Only thing wrong, is that I need to find a way to secure the boards down that is easy for removal.  Right now, any thing too heavy placed near the edge... well, lets say... teeter totter comes to mind.  


Here are a few more pictures of my tables. 





Overall the show was a big success! Although the sales were great, I find the feedback from visitors much more rewarding. It's their first reaction and the first words they say when they see my work... that's makes me want to create more. This is what I wait for all year, that feeling of accomplishment... knowing that what I've created was worth all the time and effort. Looking forward to getting my fingers back in the mud!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment