Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Thursday 12 September 2013

Two Kiln Openings!

Only a short time away for my big art show, www.sylvancircle.ca which is coming up very quickly! I have two kiln openings to share, both of which I was very happy with. I do have some nice suprises. I was testing out some new clay, it's a buff clay. It was a little wierd since I've been using a smooth white for so long. Needless to say, I will definitely be getting more of it! I love the results of the buff clay, with Mayco's wash on the outside, and Mayco's Black Walnut on the inside. I couldn't be happier. I love the look, and have had great feedback on it. Here's a pic:


I also used Mayco's washes on the outside of this vase, with the Black Walnut on the inside, however this is on smooth white clay.


 Here are a few more pieces that I'd like to share. One is a completed pitcher that I had posted a while back when I was making it. Couldn't decide on how to glaze it, so it sat around for quite a while. Any questions on the glazes, I don't mind sharing. I have more pics of my pottery on my flickr page, http://www.flickr.com/photos/chinzy/
My next post, I will give a little tour of my display at the art show. Until then... happy potting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment