Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Wednesday 6 November 2013

I made it!

Yes I did!   One last kiln firing before my next show! I will have to admit it was a good one!  I think I have found what may be my next favorite!  Like I have said before, I'm loving this buff clay I've been trying out. It gives the glazes a whole new dimension.  It's just... Yummy.  
This is it, Mayco Manganese Wash on the outside, Iron Red on the rim, then Gun Metal Green.  Wow!   Happy, happy!  Love the runs! It's funny because my eyes are drawn to these cups. I have them sitting on the counter and all I want to do is stare at them!   It definitely takes me to a happy place!  



Here are a few more pieces that I would like to share.  I used burlap for texture on the outside of this vase.  


This is another vase using cedar branches for texture. I added my signature piece of driftwood wrapped in place with copper.




These are my Christmas ornaments, I found this idea of the stars on Pinterest.  I joined the two cut out stars at the points and made it look more 3D.  I used Mayco washes on at least one side so that I could place the star directly on the shelf. Didn't want to bother with stilling all of them. I like them! Very country rustic I think. Hopefully they will go well at the sale. I just don't know what to charge!  That is a whole other topic, and something I struggle with!


So the show is this weekend, and I'm hoping I survive. Had to leave town unexpectedly, and won't be back until this Friday.  Although everything is ready to go, it still makes me really nervous! 
Hopefully my next blog, I'll be sharing my wonderful experience from this weekend! 
Until next time...Enjoy, whatever your day may bring you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment