Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up."- Pablo Picasso

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Monday 11 November 2013

Last Show

This past Saturday I was in a very large arts and crafts show.  It was a first time event at this location, and what a great surprise! I'm sure once the word is out in our small community it will become even larger.   I was able to get some amazing feedback from the community, and as always, it was great exposure. Having only been making pottery for four years now, it was quite intimidating being in a room with very experienced potters. Especially when you walk by their table and see the amount that they have on display. I have to remind myself that this is a hobby for me and most importantly, they are all retired and have the time!   Come to think of it, I'm probably one of the youngest potters in town! That's probably why my Mom (my little helper), is always mistaken as the potter! :) Overall, I think many people appreciated my work and many made a point in expressing their admiration in my style of pottery.  
I make a point in going into shows with very low expectations in sales, especially since there were a few other potters included.  This show surprisingly exceeded my expectations. That of course is always a good thing... Especially when it's time to pack things up at the end of a show!  A sure sign is when you are left with some empty boxes! ;)
I would also like to add that my Christmas ornaments were a big hit!  I've already confirmed a spot for next years show, so I'll be sure to add to my ornament collection! 
Here's a picture of my set up,  it was a small space, but I managed!


No comments:

Post a Comment